3sge / 3sgte / Beams – Slimline Alternator kit
$172.00 – $180.00
3sge / 3sgte / Beams / 5S – Slimline Alternator kit
The Alternator brackets as used on the S-series are no pretty thing, in addition they are excessively heavy and bulky. The later models as used on the Beams engines were partially improved to be from a die cast aluminium construction but despite the material are still far from light.
In response to this we have come up with a replacement that suits all longitudinal mounted S-series engines which significantly improve on all of these points. Instead of trying to optimise for the original cumbersome alternator, this kit alternatively uses very common and cheap to source types as originally fitted to most 1 / 2NZFE engines (Yaris / Echo / others).
NOTE: Please see the parts compatibility page before purchasing.
Features and advantages
– Weight: Going from the original 3SGE Beams parts there is a total weight saving of near 4kg. For the earlier cast iron models this is increased to a massive loss that’s close to 6.5Kg!
– Fitment: Both the earlier high and the later low mount brackets hold the alternator quite far outwards, this is made even worse with the bulky dimensions of all S-series alternators. With our kit the outer edge of the replacement alternator ends up being in the region of 50mm closer to the engine block! This gives the engine a much more compact and hence neater look as well as helping those with smaller engine bays.
– Appearance / finish: The kits have been designed to look as nice as possible with a minimalist design. Once installed the main mounting brackets are almost completely hidden. As for the tensioner assembly it’s slim and mounts to the rear of the alternators upper tab for a clean look.
– Wiring: The multi-pin plug as used on the NZ-series Alternators is the elongated oval type- the same as what’s originally used on the 3sge Beams. This lets the wiring connect right up without changes on the Blacktop Beams engines. Also both this plug and the main terminal face towards the engine block. This lends itself to allowing for the wiring to be fairly well hidden.
– Parts availability: This kit suits either of two main NZ series Alternators. So instead of being stuck with something that’s hard to find a replacement / spares for, the NZ engines being found almost everywhere have readily available parts in both genuine and aftermarket.
To see a video guide of one of these kits being installed please click here, this video is courtesy of the team at Speed Academy.
Please click here for the installation guide to suit this kit.
– Main pivot bracket
– Tensioning system wi