W50 gearbox – Speedo drive
W50 gearbox (Steel-case)- Speedo drive
A new Speedo drive housing and gear to suit certain models of W50 gearboxes. Please see the parts compatibility before purchase.
– Speedo drive housing: Pre-fitted with a 19 or 20T gear, just let us know which in the comments section during the checkout.
– Retainer tab
– Retainer bolt
– Housing outer diameter: 24mm
– Drive teeth: Fitted with a 19 or 20-tooth gear and suits one of the internal gears with 6-teeth that was used with a 18, 19 or 20 tooth speedo gear- see further details below
– This drive unit housing is compatible with some of the steel case W50 model gearboxes. It is not compatible with the later W55, 56, 57, 58 and 59 model gearboxes (Supra). For a simple identification the W50 models have a dark coloured steel housing while the later W55-59 series have an aluminum housing instead. If unsure use a magnet on the housing to see if it sticks.
– There are two main different housing types to suit the W50 models along with different types of internal drive gears. To check that this is the correct type of drive unit the fitment hole in the gearbox housing should be measured and checked that it is 24mm in diameter. The speedo gear has 20 teeth and is intended for a gearbox that has a 6 tooth internal drive gear. It can only be fitted when the original drive was 18, 19 or 20 teeth, if the gearbox originally used a 15, 16 or 17 tooth gear then a different model of 6 tooth internal drive gear is fitted which is not compatible. Other drive gear types may be available and incompatible. WARNING: matching up gears that were not designed for each other will either cause it to not fit or fail prematurely. It is up to the customer to confirm compatibility
|Dimensions||4 × 4 × 10 cm|